Business mentoring is a process that activates the skills of the mentee within their current role and helps groom them. A business mentor provides a confidential sounding board, thinking room, and support for working through crucial and often complex decisions.
A business mentor, by virtue of their experience and knowledge, will be able to:
- Share their network of contacts with you.
- Provide a temperature check of the organization (what is really going on).
- Help the mentee understand some of the more informal ways of getting things done and some of the unwritten and unstated ways of working, therefore develop the mentee's professional expertise and career.
- The business mentor is someone with whom the mentee can discuss and work through concerns or opportunities that they may not want to expose to others.
- Bring a wider perspective, thus helping the mentee recognise what is happening and identify what is strategically right feasible.
Become an Urban Ventures Mentor, apply here.